|The automotive industry is greatly assorted sector that consists manufacturers, suppliers, dealers, retailers, original equipment manufacturers or OEMs. The industry involves lots of people like manufacturers, automotive, engineers, motor mechanics, auto electricians, spray painters, fuel producers and many others. The major part of automobile industry confines into automobile and automotive parts and components. The sector manufactures a wide range of automotive parts for diverse kinds of vehicles such as motor vehicles, motor vehicles bodies, chassis, cabs, trucks, automobile and utility trailers etc.
The last one decade automobile industry has witnessed a major change where more fuel efficient and eco-friendly vehicle hit the road and also various automobile companies come into play in the industry. In 2000, the United States was the top nation with the overall production of 12,799,857 units, followed by Japan at 10,140,796. By 2005, US saw a steady decline in production graph and the developing nation China had grown in tremendous pace.
In the 2009, the world saw a crisis in automobile sector that hit hard in North America when the General Motor, Ford and Chrysler were in trouble of going bankrupt. All countries, which were the top automobile production saw a steady decline in the automobile production. Last year statistics has shown the current world leaders, which are as follows:
- Japan - The Japanese automobile technology revolutionized the industry and always in the leading race with their time inventory strategy. In 2009, Japan has become the world largest vehicle manufacturer with 9,756,515 units produced. Some of the prominent names in the world market are Honda, Isuzu, Kawasaki, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Mitsuoka, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, and Yamaha.
- Germany - Germany is the largest automobile employer in the world. The year 2009 saw a steady rise in automobile production and the country came in at second place among major automobile production countries in the world with 5,398,508 units produced. The major companies are Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Daimler AG, Porsche, and Opel.
- China - As of November 2009 China is the third largest automotive producing country in the world with 5,233,132 units produced. 44.3% are local brands, such as Chery, Geely, Hafei, Jianghuai, Chang?an, Great Wall, and so on, while the other 55.7% are made up of foreign car manufactures such as Volkswagen, General Motors, Hyundai, Nissan etc.
- United States of America - With 4,366,220 unit produced in the year 2009, the US has become the fourth largest vehicle manufacturing nation in the world. The major companies are General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Daimler AG, BMW, Navistar etc.
- South Korea - South Korea as a surprising element has taken the fifth position in the world with 3,489,136 units being produced. Major Korean automotive manufacturers include Hyundai, Kia, GM Daewoo, Ssangyong, and Renault Samsung.